Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies

GF Oatmeal Cookies
It seems like when the temperature drops I want to stay in my kitchen and bake.  I'm on my way to no longer eating gluten.  Therefore, I've been trying to find good recipes that are gluten free.  I adapted this recipe from the back of the Trader Joe's gluten free oats.  It makes about 4 dozen cookies, so there is plenty to share!

Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients:

1/4 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1¼ teaspoon baking soda

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 cup peanut butter
3 cups rolled oats, I used 2 cups (because that's all I had) and they still turned out great (gluten free)
6 oz chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans, like the original recipe calls for)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350.
  2. With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars in the bowl until fluffy.
  3. Add the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix. Add peanut butter and mix.
  4. Add the oats, chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix slowly until combined.
  5. Scoop about a teaspoon of dough onto a greased or parchment-covered cookie sheet.
  6. Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly brown at edges. Remove and let cool on wire rack.
My husband and son loved these cookies!  Nobody would ever second guess they were gluten free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...