Thursday, January 12, 2012

Preparing to move!

I really don't like moving.  The process of moving, that is.  I'm not naturally super organized, which I am striving to become, but have yet to master.  I have a system, it works for me, but I don't maintain it as well as some do.  So getting ready to move and going through things is somewhat of a challenge to me.  I easily get overwhelmed with what needs to be done.  Thankfully, my friend, Angy, came over today to help me.  She was a huge help!  This is only my 4th time to move a whole household to another place.  I don't count all the times I moved in college since the stuff I had in college was so minimal compared to what we have today.

Today we worked tirelessly getting the kitchen, bathroom, and most of Blue Rock's toys ready for the packers.  While throwing out half-opened food such as pasta and flour, I let Blue Rock dump a lot of it in a big container and gave him a big spoon to mix it.  He made quite the mess but it kept him entertained.  I wish I would have taken a picture.  We also packed Blue Rock's clothes.

There is plenty left to do and we will stay very busy through this weekend going through stuff such as paperwork, mine and my husband's clothes, and the rest of Blue Rock's toys and a few other things here and there.  Another big thing we've had to do is go pick up all our German medical records so we can get them translated before we leave.  What a pain!  For instance, we called a doctor I saw in Mannheim and asked where to pick up the records and when.  They gave us a date.  So when we had to take care of some more out processing, we stopped by the hospital.  They didn't have the records, it was in another location.  They said to come back in a week.  A week?!  We are running out of time!  And the hospital in Mannheim is about 30 minutes away, so it's not right around the corner.

On the bright side, it looks like we found a place to stay when we arrive in Texas.  Some friends from church have a furnished house they rent to missionaries when they come home.  Some missionaries returning to the Ukraine are moving out this week, so it will be available when we return.  God is taking care of us.  Now we just need to decide on a second car and a place/neighborhood to buy a house in.

I wanted to give a quick update but I need to go finish up some more things tonight.  Customs is coming tomorrow to inspect everything.  They said they will be here from around 8am-4pm.  I'm not sure what to expect but it seems to be never-ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...